Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Valentine Wreath by Janet Ball!


Supply List:
1- 12x12 piece of chipboard
How Do I Love Thee collection of papers and rub-ons
Ribbon
Pink Paint to match paper
Transparency 12x12 sheet
Adhesive
Scissors
Marker

Step 1: Cut a heart out of chipboard. 

Cut a smaller one in the center. I used my cricut and the George font/shape cart. 

The outside heart is fit to 12x12 and the inside heart is 7.25”. 

Paint the chipboard pink…just in case there is any show through of the hearts.  Allow to dry for about 10 minutes.

Adhere a transparency to the back with adhesive and trim around the outside of the heart and punch a hole in the top of the heart for ribbon. 

Step 2: Cut out 1.5” hearts from different How Do I Love Thee papers. 

You can punch, die cut, or hand cut. I used the cricut and the George font/shape cart for mine. 

You will need to cut out about 20 from 5 different double-sided papers for a total of 100. 

Fold the hearts in half to add more dimension and adhere from the center of the heart and around. I randomly selected the hearts and mixed up the patterned papers. 

Step 3: Cut out embellishment rub-ons for center of heart. I used the heart, arrow, and words "Happy Valentines Day."

Place one at a time and rub-on to the center of the transparency. 

I cut the arrow in half to look like it is going through the heart. I rubbed on the arrow part, then the heart, and then the feather end. 

I used a sharpie to make an “entrance” into the heart.

Step 4: Add ribbon and hang! Way too fun! 

No comments: