Monday, March 24, 2008

Clipboard Wallhanging by Elizabeth Carney!

Zoo Checklist Clipboard
Supplies Needed:
Any Clipboard
Adhesive
Scrapbooking Sticky tape
Moxxie Zoo Fun Rub-ons
Moxxie Zoo Fun cardstock stickers
Moxxie Zoo Fun Buttons
Moxxie Zoo Fun Patterned Papers
Yellow Cardstock
Pop Dots
1-inch ribbons of your choice
Circle Template
Scissors
I wanted to create a cool wall hanging for my friend's sons' room. I decided to use photos of their time at the zoo since they had so much fun!
Let's get started!
Step 1: I adhered the Moxxie Zoo Fun animal adventure papers using adhesive to the clipboard itself. I angled it just a tad to give the effect.

Step 2: I cut using scissors the letters "ZOO" out of the Moxxie Zoo Fun A Day at the Zoo papers. I backed them with adhesive onto the yellow cardstock and then cut the letters out using scissors. After they were cut, I used pop dots to adhere them to the background paper.

Step 3: After the Moxxie papers are adhered, I decided to add buttons all around the clipboard for a fun effect. To do this, I used scrapbooking sticky tape. I did the outside of the clipboard to decorate with the Moxxie Zoo Fun buttons. I did not want to do the entire clipboard with buttons, so I did around certain edges.Step 4: As I was adding the buttons, I added the Zoo Fun cardstock stickers on either side of the clipboard for balance.Step 5: To fill in the gaps of the clipboard, I added elements from the Zoo Fun Gone Wild papers. I used a circle template and cut around the circles on the page. I then adhered them to the clipboard using scrapbooking sticky tape. I added them to the upper left hand corner of the clipboard.Step 6: The next thing I did was add photos of the boys at the zoo using scrapbooking sticky tape. The photo sizes are 3x5; 2.8x3.Step 7: Using the Moxxie Zoo Fun cardstock stickers, I added the photo corners on the right and left lower side of the papers to tie in with everything else.

Step 8: After all of this is adhered, I added ribbon to the top of the clipboard. Using an inch of each color, I just added them on the clipboard by tying them.

The clipboard is ready to hang on the wall or sit on an easel!

No comments: